Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... Do you know how loved you are?

The story of baby "K" is absolutely beautiful! I can only hope that I have captured his beginnings and given his story the justice that it deserves. Baby "K"s mom contacted me and said she had just found out that she would be receiving a baby through adoption within a few days. She wanted to schedule a session to document the beginning of his little life. The day before his session she asked if she could invite baby "K"s birthmother to his session. I had no idea the emotion that would unfold as I watched these two mothers at the session. I was so touched by the acts of pure love and selflessness. It was overwhelming to think about the love that these two miraculous women have for this little boy. I found myself trying to hold back a few tears as we shot. I am so impressed by these two families. I can't even begin to imagine all that this process has entailed, but I do know that I could feel the love they share. It is certain that this little boy's life will be full of this love. He will grow strong and sure knowing that his MOTHERS want the very best for him. What a lucky little boy, and what a blessing for me to be a part of this beautiful story. THANK YOU!!!

It makes me smile to see baby "K" all wrapped and snuggled. He is so very little, and yet fully aware that he does not like to be naked. :) We put the cocoon on him, and he did not want it to come off. It wasn't until we had completely wore him out that we were able to sneak a few of those precious naked newborn shots. Sorry baby "K"!





Baby "K"s adopted mother (left). Baby "K"s birthmother (right).

9 comments:

Kami and Joe said...

Nicole! This pictures are beautiful! love the title too! He is so loved! Adoption is such a wonderful thing! :) Thanks for your great work! My sister loves them!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

so gorgeous! I love the one with the baby in both of his mommies arms... so tender. You do such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Nicole-

Those pictures are priceless! I too found myself getting teary just looking at the picts of the moms & baby. What an unselfish birth mother....and how very truly blessed the mother that will raise him is. What a great experience for ALL of you!

Jaci said...

This is so neat! I got tears looking at these two amazing women with their sweet baby boy. I bet it was neat to do this session. You did a great job-- Love them!

mary jane said...

Beautiful photos! My little girl is adopted also and her birth mom is absolutely wonderful and I am so grateful to her every single day. These photos speak 1000 words. Great job Nichole...

Dave and KayDee said...

PRICELESS! How special for this little boy to have these pictures of his mommies!

Chad and Jenn said...

Love it love it love it! I find myself coming back over and over and each time a tear still comes to my eye. Great work as always Nicole. You truly captured the story.

jaci said...

Beautiful!!! With tears streaming down my face I can't stop looking. I need to call you so I can bring in my sweet baby girl. I did't make the 10 day old mark, I can;t wait to have your beautiful work with my girls